- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from Godaddy
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. If you're connecting a subdomain, you can visit Connect GoDaddy Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find Godaddy's DNS settings
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Godaddy
- Step 4: Delete a CNAME record on Godaddy
- Step 5: Edit an A record on Godaddy
- Step 6: Wait for the records to take effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find Godaddy's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your Godaddy's account.
2. Find your domain and click "DNS"
Note: Do not change your nameserver, Godaddy's default nameserver should look like this: ns##.domaincontrol.com (### is number).
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Godaddy
1. Look for existed CNAME records and the Host is www
3. In the "Host" field, remains www
4. In the "Points to" field, change it to www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
5. In the "TTL" field, select 1 hour.
6. Click "Save".
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existed CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Delete a CNAME record on Godaddy
Step 5: Edit A record on Godaddy
1. Before the edit, please scroll down and go to "Forwarding". Check if there's any forwarding rule set up for root/naked domain or www domain. If yes, please delete it. Once deleted, proceed to the next step.
2. Look for existing A records for @.
3. Click the "pencil" icon to edit the record.
4. In the "Host" field, remains @
5. In the "Points to" field, change it to 220.127.116.11
6. In the "TTL" field, select 1 hour.
7. Click "Save".
Step 6: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
- Connect GoDaddy Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site (e.g. info.domain.com, shop.domain.com)
- Live Site Error "Page not found"
- Live Site Error: "Your connection is not private/secure"
- Troubleshooting: Site is Down
- Standard Troubleshooting Steps