This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your domain to your Strikingly site, if your domain registrar is Yahoo!. If you don't have a domain yet, you can purchase one from us for $24.95 a year, and we'll hook it up to your site automatically! Otherwise, if you already own a domain and manage it through Yahoo!, follow these instructions.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or If you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box, such as "www.yourdomain.com". Then click "Update."
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your Yahoo! domain, follow the instructions below:
- Login to https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ and click "Access your account".
- Scroll down and click "Domain"
- Click the pencil icon inline with the A record for "@" to edit.
- Type in "22.214.171.124" in the "Destination" field and click "Update".
- Once A records is updated, click the "Add" link next to "A and CNAME Records".
- Type "www" in the "Source" field and "www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com" in the destination field (without the quotation marks).
Note: yourdomain.com is an example and should be replaced with your own domain name. The destination format should be site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com.
Check back after 24-48 hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after 48 hours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your domain again (ex. www.yourdomain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.