This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Register.com domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box, such as "www.yourdomain.com". Then click "Update."
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your Register.com domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to Register.com > click "Manage Account".
2. Scroll down to the "Account Dashbpard" section, mouse over "Domains" and click "Manage".
3. Click the "Web Forwarding" link.
4. Fill the "Points to" field next to "yourdomain.com" with your site URL with the "www" prefix ie www.yourdomain.com. Click "Continue", and when redirected, click "Continue" again to confirm the changes.
Note: yourdomain.com is an example and should be replaced with your own custom domain.
5. Go back to your Domain manager page (Manage Account>Domains>Manage) and scroll down to the "ADVANCED TECHNICAL SETTINGS" section. Click "Edit Domain Aliases Records" next to "CNAME".
7. Point www to www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com. Click "Continue" > click "Continue" again.
Note: www.yourdomain.com is an example. It should be replaced with your own custom domain/site URL so the format is site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com.
8. Keep the IP Addresses provided by Register.com (Edit IP Address Records) and click "Continue".
9. Done! Please allow 24-48 hours for these settings to take effect. Your domain will now be pointing to the Strikingly servers. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.
Note: You might have to wait for 24-72 hours for the domain settings to work.