This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your WordPress.com domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box, such as "www.yourdomain.com". Then click "Update."
- If you are using your custom domain for your WordPress primary address, change it to "mysite.wordpress.com" ("mysite" can be anything like info, page, or anything you want to use) first.
- The existing records won't be removed if the Primary domain was not changed.
- Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your WordPress.com domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your Wordpress.com account and click "My Sites" at the top left corner of the screen
2. On the left panel, scroll down and click "Domains".
3. A page will appear on the right portion of the site with a list of domains you already own. Find the one you want to connect to your Strikingly site and select it.
4. Access "Nameservers and DNS".
5. Under "Nameservers", DON'T change a thing
6. Click "DNS Records". Make sure to remove those that are "A" records and "CNAMES" pointing to Wordpress (Handled by WordPress.com).
7. Add New DNS Records as follows:
yourdomain.com points to 184.108.40.206
(Note: This IP address will redirect abc.com to www.abc.com)
www.yourdomain.com points to www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com (Format should be site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com)
Note: yourdomain/www.yourdomain.com are examples and should be replaced with your own domain name.
8. Hit "Save Changes" and you're all setup!
Note: Don't forget to hit SAVE AND PUBLISH on your Strikingly site! It may take up to 24-48 hours for the new settings to take effect so you'll have to wait it out. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.