This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your WordPress.com domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings -> Domains and specify the domain you'd like to use for your site, such as "www.yourdomain.com". Then click "Update."
- If you are using your custom domain for your Wordpress primary address, change it to "mysite.wordpress.com" ("mysite" can be anything like info, page, or anything you want to use) first.
- The existing records won't be removed if the Primary domain was not changed.
- Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Set up your WordPress domain
1. Login to your Wordpress account and look for the tab "Store" on the left panel of the screen
2. Choose "My Domains" under "Store"
3. A page will appear on the right portion of the site with a list of domains you already own. Find the one you want to connect to your Strikingly site and hit "Edit Domain"
4. A window will pop up, containing the tools for your Domain management.
5. Under "Nameservers", DON'T change a thing
6. Go to "Edit DNS" tab, the settings setup there are Wordpress defaults. Make sure to remove those that are "A" records and "CNAMES" pointing to Wordpress.
7. Add New DNS Records as follows:
yourdomain.com points to 188.8.131.52
(Note: This IP address will redirect abc.com to www.abc.com)
www.yourdomain.com points to dns.strikingly.com
8. Hit "Save Changes" and you're all setup!
Note: Don't forget to hit SAVE AND PUBLISH on your Strikingly site! It may take a few hours for the new settings to take effect so you'll have to wait it out. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.