This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your 123-reg.co.uk domain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your 123-reg domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to 123-reg.co.uk and go to the "Control panel home"
2.On the "Control Panel" page， go to "Domain name overview"
3. Select the domain you’d like to connect with your Strikingly site.
4. Select "Web forwarding".
5. Click “Edit” and forward yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com
6. Add www.yourdomain.com in the box and then click “Confirm”
"yourdomain.com" and "www.yourdomain.com" are examples.
Make sure that you are in the "Permanent forwarding” tab.
Make sure that you do NOT forward to yoursite.strikingly.com. You will not type yoursite.strikingly.com into any domain registrar.
7. Go back to the "Control Panel” and under "Domain names" select your domain from the dropdown.
Scroll down to the “Advanced domain settings” section and select the “Manage DNS(A, MX, CNAME, TXT, SRV) "
8. From the “Manage your DNS” tab, select CNAME from the “Type" drop down list.
Enter “www" in the “Hostname” field.
Enter “www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com" in the “Destination CNAME” field.
Note: yourdomain.com is an example. This should be replaced with your own domain name so that the CNAME value includes your site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com
9.Click on the “Add” button to save the new record.
10. That's it! Please allow several hours for these settings to take effect. Your domain should then point to the Strikingly servers . Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after a few hours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page Not Found" error...
1. Check your site editor settings! Go to Settings>Custom Domain. Make sure to enter "www.yourdomain.com", then update.