- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from 123 Reg
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your www and root domain to your Strikingly site. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help. If you're connecting a subdomain, you can visit Connect 123-reg.co.uk Subdomains to Your Strikingly Site. Or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the information here!
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "www.yourdomain.com" (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find 123 Reg's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your 123 Reg's account.
2. Go to "Control Panel".
3. In the Manage Domains section, click on the "Manage" button next to your domain.
4. Click the "Manage DNS" under "Advanced domain settings".
5. Click the "Advanced DNS" tab.
Note: Do not change your nameserver, 123 Reg's default nameserver should look like this: ns.123-reg.co.uk, ns2.123-reg.co.uk.
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on 123 Reg
1. In the "Hostname" field, enter www
2. In the "Type" field, select CNAME
3. In the "Destination CNAME" field, enter www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com.
www domain in the value field "www domain + .s.strikinglydns.com." should be your domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
Don't forget to put the full stop/period in the end.
4. Click "Add".
Tip: If you can't add a www CNAME record, look for existed CNAME and A records for www and delete them (only for www).
Step 4: Edit an A record on 123 Reg
1. Click the pencil icon inline with the A record for “@” to edit.
2. In the "Destination IPv4 address" field, enter 188.8.131.52
3. Click "Save" icon.
Step 5: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.