Subdomains allow you add a Strikingly site while keeping your current site and domain -- by using subdomain.yourdomain.com! You can build pages for a new product launch, event, hiring and more.
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Gandi subdomain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!!
Step 1. Hook Up your subdomain to you Strikingly site:
Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the subdomain you'd like to use for your site, such as "info.mydomain.com". Then click "Update".
Notes: Make sure to type your subdomain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Set up Your Subdomain
1. Login to your Gandi.net account. On your dashboard, select Services > Domains, and click on the domain name where you want to add a subdomain.
2. On the domain page, select "Edit the Zone."
3. You will now enter the Zone editor, select "Create a New Version."
4. After a new version is created, select "Add."
5. On the Add record page, add in the following:
Name: your preferred subdomain (ex: contact, event, etc.)
Don't forget to hit "Submit" when you're done!
Note: Always add a dot/period right after "dns.strikingly.com" when typing in to the "Value"
6. You'll go back to the Zone editor page. Select "Use this version."
7. That's it and you're done adding a subdomain!
Note: It takes up to a few hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate). Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings>Custom Domain and see if your domain is set up. If not, enter your "www.domain.com" again. Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.