Subdomains allow you to add a Strikingly site while keeping your current site and domain -- by using subdomain.yourdomain.com! You can build pages for a new product launch, event, hiring and more.
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Network Solutions subdomain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1. Hook Up your subdomain to you Strikingly site:
Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the subdomain you'd like to use for your site, such as "info.mydomain.com". Then click "Update."
Notes: Make sure to type your subdomain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2. Set up Your Subdomain
1. Login to your Network Solutions account. On the dropdown menu, please make sure to select "Manage My Domain Names.
2 . In the "My Domain Names" section, click the "Edit DNS" link.
3. Tick the box next to the domain you'd like to edit then click on "Edit DNS".
4. Click the "Manage Advanced DNS" button.
5. Under Host Aliases (CNAME Records), select "Edit CNAME Records."
6. Type in the following information:
Alias: your preferred subdomain (ex: contact, event, etc.)
Other Host: dns.strikingly.com.
Don't forget to click "Continue" from the bottom of the page!
7. That's it and you're done adding a subdomain!
Note: It takes a few minutes up to several hours before your new settings propagate (DNS requires some time to kick in). Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before checking on your domain.
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.