Subdomains allow you to add a Strikingly site while keeping your current site and domain -- by using subdomain.yourdomain.com! You can build pages for a new product launch, event, hiring and more.
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Register.com subdomain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
Step 1: Hook Up your subdomain to you Strikingly site:
Inside the Strikingly editor, go to Settings > Domains and specify the subdomain you'd like to use for your site, such as "info.mydomain.com". Then click "Update."
Notes: Make sure to type your subdomain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
Step 2: Set up Your Subdomain
1. Login to your Register.com account.
2. On your "Account Dashboard", mouse over "Domains" and select "Manage".
3. Click on "Manage" inline with the domain you'd like to add a subdomain to.
4. Scroll down a bit and under "Advanced Technical Settings, click on "(CNAME) Edit Domain Aliases Records".
4. Add a new subdomain by typing the following details:
Name: your preferred subdomain (ex: contact, event, etc.)
Points to: dns.strikingly.com
Click "Continue" to proceed.
5. Click "Continue" again to confirm your changes.
6. That's it and you're done adding a subdomain!
Please note that it takes up to a few hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate).
Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache when you check to see if the domain is working.
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.