- A Premium Account from Strikingly
- A custom domain from Register.com
A subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name (root domain). You can use subdomains for different sections of your website. For example, if you have a website just for shopping, which is part of your website yourdomain.com (root domain), you might use the subdomain shop.yourdomain.com.
The most popular subdomain is www. Here's how to connect the www domain and root domain to your main site: Connecting a Register.com domain to Your Strikingly site
For other subdomains, this guide will walk you through. You can send this tutorial to your registrar if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find register.com's DNS settings
- Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Register.com
- Step 4: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
1. Go to your Strikingly site editor, click "SETTINGS > Domains".
2. Put your custom domain in the "Custom Domain/Subdomain" box, such as "info.yourdomain.com, shop.yourdomain.com, blog.yourdomain.com, etc." (without https:// or http:// or /).
3. Click "UPDATE".
- Type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Choose your registrar after you click "UPDATE" and continue the setup from your registrar.
Step 2: Find register.com's DNS settings
1. Sign in to your Register.com's account.
2. Scroll down to "My Domain Names" and select the domain you want to set up. Click "GO".
3. Locate "Advanced DNS Settings" and click "Edit".
Note: Do not change your nameserver, Register.com's default nameserver should look like this: dns###.register.com (### is number).
Step 3: Add a CNAME record on Register.com
1. Find the "Host Aliases (CNAME Records)" section. Click "EDIT CNAME RECORDS".
2. In the "Alias" field, enter the subdomain you want (e.g. shop, blog, info, etc)
3. In the "Other Host" field,, enter subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com
subdomain.yourdomain in the value field "subdomain.yourdomain + .s.strikinglydns.com" should be your subdomain and domain name. Here are some examples of how the value should be:
4. Click "CONTINUE".
5. Click "SAVE CHANGES".
Step 4: Wait for the Records to Take Effect
Now that you've set up the domain records. Please allow a few up to 48 hours for the changes in the domain records to take effect globally. Once it's done, HTTPS/SSL will be automatically activated within 24 hours. Be sure to clear your browser cache before you check to see if the domain is working.