This guide walks you through connecting your subdomain to your Strikingly site. If your domain doesn't start with "www.", such as shop.example.com or blog.example.com, this tutorial is for you.
- If you're connecting a domain that starts with "www.", you can visit Connecting Domains to Your Strikingly Site.
- You can send this tutorial to your registrar’s support team if you need assistance. Or, contact us anytime for additional help.
- Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Step 2: Find Register.com DNS settings
- Step 3: Clean up the DNS records
- Step 4: Add a CNAME record on Register.com
- Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
Step 1: Connect to Your Custom Domain on Strikingly
- Go to your Strikingly site editor, and click SETTINGS > Domains.
- Enter your custom domain in the "Connect a Domain You Already Own" box, such as "shop.yourdomain.com". (without https:// or http:// or /).
- Click UPDATE.
- Choose Register.com as your domain provider, and click Start Configuration.
- You will see a popup that displays the records you'll need to set in your domain settings.
Step 2: Find Register.com DNS settings
- Sign in to your Register.com account.
- Click the "Domain Name".
- Scroll down and click "Advanced Tools".
- Find the “Advanced DNS Records” option and click “Manage”.
Step 3: Clean up the DNS records
- Look for any CNAME record named with your hostname and delete it.
- Click the pencil icon in line with the record.
- Click “Delete” in the upper right corner.
Step 4: Add a CNAME record on Register.com
- Click the “Add record” button.
- Select CNAME type.
- Select refers to Other Host.
- Copy the relevant information from Strikingly and paste it into the corresponding fields, as shown in the image below.
- Set the TTL to 1 hour.
Step 5: Confirm your setup is complete
- After confirming the setup above, go back to your Strikingly site editor and click the "I've fixed, check again" button in the pop-up.
- If you've configured your DNS settings correctly, the pop-up will close and the domain status will show as "connected".
- If you haven't configured your DNS correctly, the popup will display the error status. You should go back to step 3 to reconfigure the DNS records correctly.