Subdomains allow you add a Strikingly site while keeping your current site and domain -- by using subdomain.yourdomain.com! You can build pages for a new product launch, event, hiring and more.
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your 123-Reg.co.uk subdomain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
Notes: Make sure to type your subdomain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your 123-reg subdomain, follow the instructions below:
a. Login to your 123-Reg.Co.Uk account.
b. From the control panel, click on "Domain name overview."
1. On the "Domain name overview" page, click on the domain name you want to add a subdomain to.
2. Scroll down to Advanced domain settings, and select "Manage DNS."
3. Click the "Advanced DNS" tab and add a new subdomain by typing the following details:
DNS Entry: your preferred subdomain (ex: contact, event, etc.)
Note: yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com is an example. It should be replaced with your own custom subdomain so that the CNAME target is your subdomain URL + .s.strikinglydns.com
4. Click "Add" when you're done!
5. That's it and you're done adding a subdomain!
Please note that it takes up to a several hours before your new settings kick in (DNS requires some time to propagate). Check back after a few hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache and history when you check to see if the domain is working.
If your site doesn't go online after a few hours, contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of your domain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page Not Found" page.
1. 1. Check your site editor settings to see if your subdomain is added! Go to Settings>Custom Domain. Make sure to enter "subdomain.yourdomain.com", then update.