Subdomains allow you to add a Strikingly site while keeping your current site and domain -- by using subdomain.yourdomain.com! You can build pages for a new product launch, event, hiring and more.
This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your Namecheap subdomain to your Strikingly site.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
Note: info.yourdomain.com is an example and should be replaced with your own subdomain.
Notes: Make sure to type your subdomain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your Namecheap subdomain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your Namecheap account and click "Domain List" from menu. Then click the "Manage" button inline with the domain you'd like to connect.
2. Head on over to the "Advanced DNS" tab then click on "Add New Record".
3. Select a record type from the drop-down menu and choose CNAME. Then add host "info" or could be anything you prefer, and point to your subdomain URL + .s.strikinglydns.com . In this example, "Value" should be info.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com. Click the the "Check mark" or "Save All Changes" button after adding the record.
4. That's it! You can check back after 24-48 hours and see if your site is up! Be sure to clear your browser cache before checking on your site.
If your site doesn't go online after 48 hours, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include a screenshot of your subdomain settings so we can help!
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
- Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
- If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find.