This guide walks you through the process of hooking up your OVH domain to your Strikingly site. If you don't have a domain yet, you can purchase one from us for $24.95 a year, and we'll hook it up to your site automatically! Otherwise, if you already own a domain on OVH, follow these instructions.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
Notes: Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
B. To set up your OVH domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your OVH account through to https://www.ovh.com/manager/web/login/ to manage your domain.
2. On the "Domains" panel on the left, click the domain that you want to connect to your Strikingly site. Then click the "DNS Zone" tab
3. Click the "Add a DNS entry" button at the right side of your domain panel. Select "A" under "Pointer records".
4. Leave the subdomain box blank, type 126.96.36.199 in the "Target" field, select "Personalized" from the "TTL" drop-down and type in 3600.
5. Click ""CONFIRM" on the confirmation page.
6. Go back to the DNS Zone page and create another entry. This time, select CNAME.
7. Add www in the subdomain field. Target should be www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com. Don't forget full stop or period at the end. Select "Personalized" from the "TTL" drop-down and type in 3600. Click the"Next" button.
(Please note: www.yourdomain.com is an example. You should replace it with your own domain.)
8. Review the information on the next page and click CONFIRM.
9. That's it! Your DNS settings has been configured and it may take 24-48 hours before the new settings kick in. Congratulations!
- If you cannot add the A records and CNAME, look for existing records of the same type and edit them instead, according to the settings we require.
- If you're still not seeing your site, clear your browsing history and cache (or use a different browser) to pull up your site. This is to make sure that only new data is pulled.
- If the above steps don't work please check for the default TXT records and remove them. These TXT records prevent the new settings to take effect. Here's how they look like: