- Are your main visitors from Mainland China?
- Are your sites loading slower when you access it in Mainland China?
- Do you want to file for an ICP record for your website?
- Do you need a Chinese VAT official invoice for your payment?
We have a product for you: Shangxianle (SXL), www.sxl.cn. Strikingly and SXL belong to one company, but they are two independent products.
- Differences between Strikingly and SXL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I transfer(copy) my site from Strikingly to SXL?
- Can I log in to SXL with my Strikingly account?
- Will the visitors outside Mainland China able to access SXL sites?
- I can't read Chinese, how can I use SXL to edit my site?
- Can I use my domain on SXL's site?
- Why can't I see my site after I publish?
- Why do I need to apply for an ICP Filing ('Bei'an' in Chinese)?
- Can you help me apply for ICP Filing?
- Can I apply for ICP Filing for my domain: domain.org?
- How long does it take to complete ICP Filing?
- I don't have a company in China, can I create sites with SXL?
- I am not from China, and I don't have a company. Can I apply for ICP Filing?
Differences between Strikingly and SXL?
|Hosting Server||International server||China server (Only supports domains registered/hosted by the registrars from China.)|
|Pricing Plan and Features||Free, Limited, Pro, and VIP||Free, Limited, Pro and Business|
|Monthly, yearly and 2 years, 3 years, 5 years||Tri-Monthly, yearly, 2 years, and 3 years|
|Invoice||Provides digital invoice||Provides VAT official invoice|
for Simple Store
PayPal and Stripe (include Alipay and Wechat Pay)
CNY: Alipay and WeChat Pay
Social Media and
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Weibo, Tencent Video, Youku, etc.
|Site Editor features||
Social Feed section
Chinese and English
ICP Filing (Only supports domains registered/hosted by the registrars from China.)
Chinese official invoice (Fapiao)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I transfer my site from Strikingly to SXL?
No, the systems of Strikingly and SXL are not connected, neither do payment systems. The site content can't be transferred nor copied between both platforms.
Q: Can I log in to SXL with my Strikingly account?
No, you need to sign up for a new account with SXL. The systems of Strikingly and SXL are not connected, neither do payment systems. You can sign up an SXL account with your mobile phone number.
Q: Will the visitors outside Mainland China able to access SXL sites?
Q: I can't read Chinese, how can I use SXL to edit my site?
SXL has a beta version of SXL site editor in English! Please send a request to SXL support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Can I use my domain on SXL's site?
If your domain is registered from Mainland China domain registrars, then yes.
If it's not, then the domain must be transferred to Mainland China domain registrars to apply for an ICP Filing ("Bei'an" in Chinese) and to connect to Chinese servers.
Q: Why can't I see my site after I publish?
Due to the regulations from China, all sites must be reviewed before going on live:
- A site with an mysxl.cn free URL (e.g. name.mysxl.cn) takes 24-48 hours to review and go live if it passes the review.
- A site with a custom domain (e.g. www.domain.com) can go live immediately. But it still needs to be reviewed, and if any violations are found, the account will be banned.
If your site is already connected to a custom domain and set up properly, then you may be missing the ICP Filing ("Bei'an" in Chinese).
Q: Why do I need to apply for an ICP Filing ("Bei'an" in Chinese)?
According to the Measures for the Administration of Internet Information Services and Registration Administration Measures for Non-Commercial Internet Information Services, China mandates a filing system for non-commercial Internet information services and a licensing system for commercial Internet information services. Anyone who has not obtained an ICP registration is prohibited from operating Internet information services. Specifically, all websites that provide services to Mainland China must first obtain an ICP registration.
You can read more here (SXL sites are hosted in Alibaba Cloud). ICP Filings are not required for websites hosted on servers outside Mainland China.
Q: Can you help me apply for ICP Filing?
We can provide you each paid site with an ICP Filing registration number for free. However, you must complete the process yourself, since it requires sensitive information. You can read more here (SXL sites are hosted in Alibaba Cloud).
Q: Can I apply for ICP Filing for my domain: domain.org?
No, .org domains cannot apply for ICP Filing. Not all domains can apply for ICP. The top-level domain (TLD) of the domain name for ICP application must be approved by MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology).
You can go to the MIIT website to query the domain name extensions supported by ICP Filing.
Q: How long does it take to complete ICP Filing?
It usually takes 3 to 20 business days. During this time, your site cannot be accessed.
Q: I don't have a company in China, can I create sites with SXL?
Yes, you can create a personal website in SXL.
However, if you need to accept WeChat Pay or Alipay for your online store, then a business license, custom domain, ICP filing, etc are required.
Q: I am not from China, and I don't have a company. Can I apply for ICP Filing?
ICP Filing allows individuals to apply. Foreign individuals who have a fixed residence in China may apply for a personal website.
We hope you'll find this useful! Let us know if you have any questions by sending an email to us at email@example.com or chat with us. We'd love to hear your feedback!
Or you can contact our SXL support to learn more about SXL:
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Live Chat: after login your account, and click on the question mark icon at the bottom right side. You will be prompted to enter your question, then click on "Chat with us".
3. WeChat: sxl-cn