- Are your main visitors from Mainland China?
- Are your sites loading slower when you access it in Mainland China?
- Do you want to file for an ICP record for your website?
- Do you want to use CNY as your store currency?
- Do you want to set up Alipay or WeChat Pay gateway for your Simple Store?
- Do you need a Chinese VAT official invoice for your payment?
We have a product for you: Shangxianle (SXL), www.sxl.cn. Strikingly and SXL belongs to one company, but they are two independent products.
- Differences between Strikingly and SXL
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I transfer my site from Strikingly to SXL?
- Can I log in to SXL with my Strikingly account?
- Will the visitors outside Mainland China able to access SXL sites?
- I can't read Chinese, how can I use SXL to edit my site?
- Can I use my domain on SXL's site?
- Why can't I see my site after I publish?
- Why do I need to apply for an ICP Filing ('Bei'an' in Chinese)?
- Can you help me apply for ICP Filing?
- Can I apply for ICP Filing for my domain: domain.org?
- How long does it take to complete ICP Filing?
- I don't have a company in China, can I create sites with SXL?
- I am not from China, and I don't have a company. Can I apply for ICP Filing?
Differences between Strikingly and SXL?
|Hosting Server||International server||China server (Only supports domains registered/hosted by the registrars from China.)|
|Pricing Plan and Features||Free, Limited, Pro, and VIP||Free, Limited, Pro and Business|
|Monthly, yearly and 2 years, 3 years, 5 years||Tri-Monthly, yearly, 2 years and 3 years|
|Invoice||Digital Invoice||Provide VAT official invoice|
for Simple Store
PayPal and Stripe
CNY: Alipay and WeChat Pay
Social Media and
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
Weibo, Tencent Video, Youku, etc.
|Site Editor features||
Social Feed section
Chinese and English
5 Chinese/English Fonts available
ICP Filing (Only supports domains registered/hosted by the registrars from China.)
Chinese official invoice (Fapiao)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I transfer my site from Strikingly to SXL?
Yes, we can help you copy your site from Strikingly to SXL.
Since Strikingly and SXL are independent platforms, you will need to have an account with SXL first. Here are the steps:
1. Create a new account at sxl.cn.
For Strikingly paid user, please upgrade to Limited/Pro/Business plan (14-days trial).
Note: Strikingly and SXL pricing plans are not the same.
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with us to request the site transfer and indicate the following:
- Your SXL account email/phone number
- The URL of the site you want to transfer
Please send the request using the email address associated with the account where the site would come from!
3. Site transfer(copy) does not include:
- Account information
- Membership plan
- Purchased Domain from Strikingly (ICP Filing only supports domains registered/hosted by the registrars from Mainland China: Transferring Domains Away from Strikingly.)
- Custom domain (ICP Filing only supports domains registered/hosted by the registrars from Mainland China.)
- Background Videos
- Images (It will still be linked to Strikingly server)
- Documents (It will still be linked to Strikingly server)
- Simple Store Content
- Simple Blog Content
- App Store & HTML Content
- Social Feed Content
- Social Media Content
Note: The images that you'll see in SXL after transferring are actually linked to Strikingly. We suggest that you upload your images in SXL directly for faster loading. As for the documents, due to China particular case, we recommend that you use Baiduyun (Baidu Cloud) to upload the file and add the link to your site.
Q: Can I log in to SXL with my Strikingly account?
No, you need to sign up a new account with SXL. The systems of Strikingly and SXL are not connected, neither do payment systems. You can sign up a SXL account with your mobile phone number.
Q: Will the visitors outside Mainland China able to access SXL sites?
Q: I can't read Chinese, how can I use SXL to edit my site?
Q: Can I use my domain on SXL's site?
If your domain is registered from Mainland China domain registrars, then yes.
If it's not, then the domain must be transferred to Mainland China domain registrars to apply for an ICP Filing ('Bei'an' in Chinese) and connect to China server.
Q: Why can't I see my site after I publish?
Due to the regulations from China, all sites must be reviewed before going on live:
- A site with sxl.cn free URL (e.g. name.sxl.cn), it takes 24-48 hours to review and go live if it passes the review.
- A site with a custom domain (e.g. www.domain.com), the site can be live first. But still it needs to be reviewed, once found any violation, the account will be banned.
If your site is already connected to a custom domain and set up properly, then you might be missing ICP Filing ('Bei'an' in Chinese).
Q: Why do I need to apply for an ICP Filing ('Bei'an' in Chinese)?
According to Measures for the Administration of Internet Information Services and Registration Administration Measures for Non-Commercial Internet Information Services, China mandates a filing system for non-commercial Internet information services and a licensing system for commercial Internet information services. Anyone that has not obtained an ICP registration is prohibited from operating Internet information services. Specifically, all websites that provide services to Mainland China must first obtain the ICP registration.
You can read more here (SXL sites are hosted in Alibaba Cloud). ICP Filings are not required for websites hosted on servers outside Mainland China.
Q: Can you help me apply for ICP Filing?
We can provide you each paid site with an ICP Filing registration number for free. However, you will complete the process yourself, since it requires sensitive information. You can read more here (SXL sites are hosted in Alibaba Cloud).
Q: Can I apply for ICP Filing for my domain: domain.org?
No, .org domains can't apply for ICP Filing.
Not all domains can apply for ICP, the top-level domain (TLD) of the domain name for ICP application must be approved by MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology).
You can go to the MIIT website to query the domain name extensions supported by ICP Filing.
Q: How long does it take to complete ICP Filing?
It usually takes 3 to 20 business days. During this time, your site cannot be accessed.
Q: I don't have a company in China, can I create sites with SXL?
Yes, you can create a personal website in SXL.
However, if you need to have Wechat Pay or Alipay for your store, then a business license is a must.
Q: I am not from China, and I don't have a company. Can I apply for ICP Filing?
ICP Filing allows individuals to apply. Foreign individuals that have a fixed residence in China may apply for a personal website.
Or you can contact our SXL support to learn more about SXL:
1. Email: email@example.com
2. Live Chat: after login your account, and click on the question mark icon at the bottom right side. You will be prompted to enter your question, then click on "Chat with us".
3. WeChat: sxl-cn