Comments are a very powerful tool for getting feedback from site visitors. Gladly, our Strikingly sites are integrated with the popular commenting service, Disqus. Registering for a Disqus account is free, you can sign up here. You only need one short name for all your comment sections on your site.
Step 1: Create your Disqus account
- Register for an admin account at Disqus.com. Be sure to verify your account via email.
- Once logged in on Disqus, choose "I want to install Disqus on my site".
- Complete the following fields and remember that the "Website Name" you'll add is going to determine your unique short name. Once you are done, click on "Create Site".
(NOTE: The short name is NOT the same as your username!)
- Accept the installation by clicking the "Got it. Let's get started!" button. If you don't see this notice, you can skip to the next step.
Step 2: Add Disqus to your Site
- Go to your site editor and click "Add New Section" in the left panel.
- Select the "Embed and HTML" section from the section list.
- Once it's added, go to the section and click on it to edit.
- From the app list, select "Disqus".
- Add the short name given to you by Disqus on the field and hit "Save".
- Here's what it will look like once added:
(NOTE: If your comments don't show up, republish your site.)