Comments is a very powerful tool to get feedback from site visitors. Gladly, our Strikingly sites is integrated with the popular commenting service, Disqus. Registering for a Disqus account is free, you can sign up here. You only need one shortname for all your comment section on your site.
Step 1: Create your Disqus account
1. Register for an admin account at Disqus.com. Be sure to verify your account via email.
2. Once logged in to Disqus, click on the gear icon at the top right of the screen and select "Add Disqus to Site".
3. Add your site details. Please note that the Website Name you'll add will generate your unique shortname.
(NOTE: The shortname is NOT the same as your username!)
This is what the screen looks like for creating a shortname:
4. Click "Create Site".
Note: Make sure to remember what shortname you've created
5. Accept the installation by clicking the "Yes, I understand Disqus is both comments and native ads" button.
Step 2: Add Disqus to your site:
1. Go to your site editor.
2. Add a new section.
3. Select "App Store & HTML" from the section list.
4. Once a new section is created, hover your mouse over the App box and click "Edit.".
5. From the app list, select "Disqus.".
6. Add your "Shortname" and hit "Save".
7. Here's what your comment section should look like when viewed:
NOTE: If your the comments don't show up, republish your site.