If you have a domain with Google, you can transfer it to Strikingly by following this guide.
- Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Step 2 - Log into Google
- Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked
- Step 4 - Get the authorization code
- Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Step 1 - Start the transfer
- Go to the domain transfer page, or click "Transfer Domain to Strikingly" in Dashboard -> Domains.
- Enter your domain and click "Transfer".
- Follow the steps below to authorize the transfer.
Step 2 - Log into Google
Open a new browser window or tab to access your Google Domains account:
- Go to Google Domains, click Sign In, then log into your account.
- Click on "My domains", then click the domain you want to transfer.
Step 3 - Unlock your domain (if your domain is locked
If your domain is locked, you'll need to unlock your domain on Google Domains:
- Click Registration settings.
- Under Domain registration, ensure your domain is unlocked. If it's locked, click the toggle to unlock the domain.
Step 4 - Get the authorization code
You'll need an authorization code from Google:
- Under Transfer Out, click "Get auth code".
- You need to copy and paste this code to the domain transfer form on Strikingly.
Step 5 - Complete the remaining steps in Strikingly
Follow the steps in Strikingly to complete your domain purchase and confirm the transfer in your email. It takes about 5 days for your registrar to release your domain to us. You don't have to do anything at this time. Your domain will show "Live" when the transfer process is complete.
Have more questions? See FAQs about transferring domains