Are you a Google AdSense Publisher? If so, and you’d like to use your Google AdSense ad code with your Strikingly site or blog, you can check the following instructions.
What type of Ad Units can be used?
- Display Ad Unit - We recommend this type as our websites are responsive as well. By choosing this size and setting its size as responsive, ads will automatically fit the page/section, depending on the screen size of the device used to view the site.
- Auto Ads - Allows you to use a single set of code that would work for the entire site.
How to Create a Display Ad Unit in Google AdSense
- Login to your Google AdSense account and click “Ads > Ad Units > Display Ads.
- Name your ad. Any name will do. It could be anything you can think of that would let you easily tell where you put the code in. Leave "Ad size" set to "Responsive" so the ad would resize to auto-fit the screen of any device.
- Copy the code and paste it into a notepad.
How to add the Ad unit code to a Strikingly site
- Go to your site editor and click “Add new section”.
- Pick the “App Store & HTML” section.
- Mouse over the newly added section, click “Edit” and select “HTML” from the available apps.
- Paste the Google Adsense code you copied earlier into the box, then hit “Save”.
- Preview your site to see how it looks on PC.
Note: The preview for tablet and mobile will not automatically resize the ad unit as technically, the site preview is still being viewed on a larger screen (laptop or PC). The ad unit will look cropped. To see the resized ad, publish the site and access it on a mobile device.
The responsive ad unit would look like this on mobile:
- Publish your site when you’re done editing!
How to place Ad units in blog posts:
- Go to your Blog Manager and edit any of your blog posts.
- Click “Add content” and select “HTML”.
- Hover your mouse pointer on the “App Store & HTML” element and click “Edit”.
- Choose HTML and paste your ad code in the HTML box. Click “Save".
- Preview your blog post to see how the ad will look on the published blog.
Auto Ads (formerly Page-level Ads)
Auto ads are ad formats that let you add a single set of code to your site. The code is added to a site only once and updates automatically when the ad setting is changed. These will work on any page on a multiple-page site, and this type of ad works on mobile.
Note: If you have previously installed Page-level ads code, there is no need to generate and paste your ad code again, as both Page-level ads and Auto ads use the same ad code.
How to generate code for Auto ads:
- In your Google AdSense account, click “Ads>Auto ads”.
- In the AUTO ADS section, click “SETUP AUTO ADS”.
- Copy the code and paste it on a notepad. In the AUTO ADS section, click “SETUP AUTO ADS”.
How to add Auto ads code to your site:
- Go to your site editor and click Settings>Advanced>Custom Code>Header Code.
- Paste the code you generated into the Header Code settings and Click “Save”.
- Your Auto ads should appear in 10-20 minutes on your site.
How it looks on mobile:
- That’s it!