Google re-sells domains from different registrars. If you bought your domain from Google or G Suite, this guide will walk you through the process of hooking it up to your Strikingly.
You can send this link to your domain registrar support if you need help or if you'd like us to connect your domain for you, send us the info here!
A. Do this on your Strikingly site editor:
Go to you site editor and click Settings > Domains. Set your desired domain on the custom domain box and click "Update."
(Please note: www.yourdomain.com is an example. You should replace it with your own domain.)
If you purchased your domain from Strikingly, no need to do the following steps. We'll take care of the rest for you!
- Make sure to type your domain in lowercase to avoid the "Page not found" error when accessing your site.
- Once you click on "Update", please select "Others" from the drop-down menu.
To set up your domain, follow the instructions below:
1. Login to your G Suite account and select "More controls".
2. Select "Domains" on the new options that showed up.
3. On the Domain menu, select "Add/remove" domains.
4. Look for your custom domain and select "Advance DNS settings".
5. Get the Sign-in name and password then select "Sign in to DNS console".
6. You'll be forwarded to the login page of the registrar that is partnered with Google. Using the login credentials that you got, sign in to the login page.
7. Select your domain and look for DNS settings.
8. Set up the following records:
A (Host): Host - yourdomain.com (this is an example)
Points to - 18.104.22.168
TTL - 1 Hour
CNAME (Aliases): Host - www.yourdomain.com (this is an example)
Points to - www.yourdomain.com.s.strikinglydns.com or site URL + .s.strikinglydns.com (this is an example)
TTL - 1 Hour
Still not working?
If you are getting the "Page not found" error.
1. Check your Strikingly settings! Go to Settings > Custom Domain and see if the domain is set up. If not, enter your subdomain again (ex. yoursubdomain.domain.com). Update, publish, and check the page!
2. If this doesn't work or you get a "invalid domain" error, email us at email@example.com or chat with us! Send your domain registrar screenshots and we'll help you find a way.